A Guiding Light
Telephone: 01895 556560
Breakspear Crematorium was opened on the 14th December 1957 and subsequently extended in 1972 when a second chapel was built.
The crematorium is administered by the London Borough of Hillingdon on behalf of the London Borough’s of Hillingdon and Harrow.
Beautifully situated in the Green Belt zone between Ruislip and Northwood, the Breakspear Crematorium lies in undulating country, bounded by fields and woodlands sweeping away to the north. It is a pleasant and peaceful location and those who have planned its growth have made the most of its natural advantages.
The grounds of Breakspear Crematorium, comprising of over 26 acres, are a combination of natural beauty and formal gardens, providing a peaceful resting place for cremated remains and for the many memorial features available.
Two areas, set aside for the strewing of cremated remains, are situated to the left of the main entrance drive and at the side of the Solitude Garden, to the north-west of the crematorium. In these areas cremated remains are strewn, the location being recorded, so other members of the same family may be strewn in the same area.